Skip to Main Content

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

Applying FAQs

If you’re ready to finish your undergraduate degree or start a graduate program, Thomas Edison State University is the right choice. Applying is easy. In fact, our undergraduate programs offer 12 terms during the year, so there’s no need to worry about application deadlines.

Undergraduate and graduate students  interested in any of our degree programs can now apply by using our online application.  Access our applications page.


Yes. All transcripts should be sent directly to the University in unopened, sealed envelopes from one of the approved, secured electronic delivery systems or directly from the institution(s) you attended. Learn about applying as an undergraduate. Learn about applying to a graduate program.


The best way to have your official college transcripts sent to Thomas Edison State University is through one of the following secured electronic delivery systems. You should ask the sending institution if they can send the transcript electronically to us. If they need an email address to send it, please use


We do not accept transcripts sent by email as an attachment or through a service other than the ones mentioned above.   

A secondary way you can have your transcripts sent to the University is by mail. Official transcripts should be mailed from the institution’s Registrar/Records Office directly to Thomas Edison State University. We will also accept official transcripts which have been sent to a student in a sealed envelope and then forwarded to us directly from the student. If it appears the envelope has been opened, we will not accept the transcript.

Undergraduate applicants and students should have official transcripts sent to:

Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608

Graduate applicants should have official transcripts sent to:

ATTN: Graduate Admissions
Office of Admissions
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608


No. Students are not required to take the SAT or ACT. You must have a high school diploma or have passed the GED. And you must be 21 years of age. If you’re an international student, the application requirements are slightly different. Learn about applying.


Applications are acknowledged via letter and email. The University provides all applicants with an academic evaluation of past college credits, professional and/or military training and other experiences. Evaluations will be completed within 10 business days from the date all your transcripts have been received.. Once you are accepted, you will receive login information that enables you to track progress of your evaluation via Online Student Services. Your evaluation will help determine how your college-level credits can transfer to Thomas Edison State University. Once your academic evaluation is completed, you can make an appointment with an academic advisor to review your evaluation and learn how your transfer credit is being applied to your degree, what courses and requirements you still need to complete to finish your degree and what methods of earning credit you can use to earn that credit.  Then it is time for you to enroll.


Admitted students enroll simply by registering for a course and selecting a tuition plan that best meets their needs. This usually done via Online Student Services.


Contact us at (609) 777-5680 or email us at


The IRS requires that colleges and universities collect the name, social security number (SSN) or individual tax payer number (ITIN) for all tuition-paying students. In addition, the amount of a students' qualifying payments must be reported to the IRS on IRS form 1098-T. The information on the 1098-T provides the IRS with a basis for amounts claimed by a taxpayer as qualifying expenditures for the Hope Scholarship Tax Credit and/or Lifetime Learning Tax Credit.

If your 1098-T is submitted to the I.R.S. with no SSN or ITIN, or with an incorrect SSN or ITIN, your 1098-T will still require correction. Please note that if we did not have your SSN, your 1098-T form is filed without it.

Your SSN or ITIN is also required to process financial aid applications.

We first attempt to collect your SSN or ITIN through the admission application process. If you do not provide a valid SSN or ITIN, we will email you to ask you to provide this information by completing IRS Form W9-S and submitting it to the Registrar’s Office. We will never ask you to provide your SSN or ITIN by email.

If you refuse to provide your SSN or ITIN, or you provide an incorrect number, the I.R.S. is empowered to impose penalties.

Form W9-S can be found on the I.R.S. website.


Vietthi Nguyen, BSAST

As a military member, I am busy serving our country, protecting our freedom and serving my family…TESU was the number one pick for me because it offers flexibility..."

Watch Vietthi »