Skip to Main Content

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA)

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA) offer career development and employment assistance and is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD). MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or associate degrees (excluding General Studies and Liberal Arts) necessary for gainful employment in high-demand, high-growth portable career fields and occupations.

MyCAA provides a maximum education benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year cap of $2,000 toward assist eligible military spouses who need professional credentials to meet their Portable Career goals. Annual cap waivers are available if there is an upfront tuition cost that exceeds $2,000 (up to the maximum education benefit of $4,000). Thomas Edison State University offers several associate degree programs eligible for MyCAA Financial Assistance, available entirely online.

Who is eligible for MyCAA Financial Assistance?

What Does MyCAA Pay For?

Steps to using MyCAA with Thomas Edison State University

  1. Apply to TESU. Military dependents are able to enroll through the Military Degree Completion Program, which includes a residency requirement of 12 credits for an associate degree. The tuition rate is $250 per credit hour.
  2. Establish a MyCAA account.
    • Set up a user profile using the MyCAA Spouse Portal online.
    • Review and digitally sign (by entering your user name and password) the MyCAA online Statement of Understanding (SOU) Terms and Conditions.
    • Create an "Education and Training Plan" in your MyCAA account.
      • Choose Thomas Edison State University.
      • Submit a copy of your official Evaluation (available in Online Student Services) to MyCAA to demonstrate which classes are required as part of your Education and Training Plan.
  3. Military One Source will notify you once your Education and Training Plan has been reviewed. When your plan is approved, you may apply for FA for specific courses 15-60 days prior to the course start date.
  4. Apply for Financial Assistance (FA) through MyCAA each term. **Students are not able to apply Financial Assistance until 60 days prior to the start of your courses.
  5. Obtain a copy of your Financial Assistance Approval by selecting the "Print FA" button next to the courses for which you have registered.
  6. Register for classes by faxing the Registration form to the Office of the Registrar (609) 292-1657. Please write on the form that you are using MyCAA.
  7. Send a copy of the FA document to
  8. Contact Military and Veteran Education Support if you need additional assistance.