Skip to Main Content

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

Chat with TESU

Application and Instructions

Attention: These instructions are for candidates interested in applying to the Military Degree Completion Program at Thomas Edison State University.

If you plan to use Military Tuition Assistance (TA), it is critical that you have received approval from an Education Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within your respective service, prior to enrolling in courses.

Students eligible for the Military Degree Completion Program must complete the University’s online application.

What's Next After I Apply?

Click here to get started »

  1. Personal Information Complete all information in the section.

    Note: If your degree program requires a course not offered by Thomas Edison State University, you will need to take that course at another institution. You will be responsible for any and all costs incurred at that institution.
  2. Education Complete all questions as indicated.
  3. Documents

    Please indicate previous colleges or universities attended previously and any credits or degrees awarded by those institutions as well as military transcripts (JST or CCAF).

    Be sure to have official transcripts (from each institution attended) sent directly to:

    Attn: MDCP (Coast Guard, Air Force, Space Force, Army, NG, ANG, Marine Corps applicants)
    Office of the Registrar
    Thomas Edison State University
    101 W. State St.
    Trenton, NJ 08608-1176

    Colleges and Universities: List the complete information on all regionally accredited colleges and universities that you have attended. If you have already completed a degree, you must provide that information. If you wish to transfer credits earned at foreign institutions, the University will accept credit recommendations. A course-by-course evaluation is required.

    College-Level Examinations: If you have taken a college-level examination, list the name of the testing agency under Colleges and Universities.

    To request transcripts:

    Military Documents: If you are eligible to receive a Joint Services Transcript (JST), your Military and Veteran Enrollment Counselor will request a JST on your behalf. Air Force servicemembers and veterans request a CCAF transcript.

    To request transcripts:

    Certificates and Licenses: If you have earned a U.S. license(s) or certificate(s), it should be listed in this section. Please refer to the page on Licenses and Certificates evaluated for credit. A notarized copy of the license or certificate and a current renewal card, if appropriate, must be attached to the form.

    ACE Courses Recommended for Credit: For courses completed through industry, government or special organizations and training programs, you may submit transcripts from the American Council on Education Registry of Credit Recommendations, One Dupont Circle, Washington, DC 20036-1193.

    Federal, State and Institutional Reporting Data: As an affirmative action and equal opportunity institution, Thomas Edison State University prohibits discrimination in its policies, practices and procedures, but is required to submit statistical data on the composition of its student body. This information will not be used for admission purposes.

  4. Program Information Select the educational program or service you wish to pursue.
  5. Military Service/Supplemental Information Indicate your status in the categories in this section.
  6. Employer Partners and Ethnicity Complete all of the questions in this section.
  7. Program Specific Information/Military Complete each question in this section.
  8. Payment Be sure to indicate you are military and veteran affiliated, therefore your application fee will be waived. Be sure to click the “submit” button when you are finished.

Reminder: Please review all sections of the application form for completeness. If you have any questions prior to applying, contact Military and Veteran Education Support.