Skip to Main Content

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

National Guard Tuition Assistance

Before moving forward, it is critical that you have received approval from an Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within your respective service, prior to enrolling in courses.

National Guard students can request tuition assistance using the National Guard system.

National Guard students will need a CAC card reader to access the system; if you do  not have access to one, visit your local armory or speak to your Unit Administrator.

  • Use AKO username and password to access personal information
  • Click THE "Education" Tab on the top left side of the page
  • Select "Online Applications" then select "Federal Tuition Assistance Application"
  • Complete and Submit Tuition Assistance Application Form 2171
  • Your State Education Services Officer will approve Tuition Assistance. You will receive an e-mail authorization with approval.
  • When you receive the authorization, send the authorization to or fax to (609) 292-1657. Thomas Edison State University will register you for your course. You will receive a confirmation once you are registered for your course. Your courses may be viewed or accessed on the day they begin via myEdison, the University’s student portal.