Skip to Main Content

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

Requesting Accommodations

Requests for accommodations should be made by the student to the ADA Coordinator in the Center for Disability Services. Requests should not be made to any other University office, mentors or test proctors. If you need assistance, contact the ADA Coordinator.

A request for accommodations must be made each time a student needs to access a University service or credit-earning method. Requests should be submitted at least three weeks in advance of the service and can be made by e-mail, fax or mail. Requests can also be made using the Term Accommodation Request form, which must be completed for each term in which a student is requesting to receive accommodation(s).

Example :
A student plans to take one Thomas Edison State University course during the September, January and May terms. At the beginning of each term, the student must notify the Center for Disability Services of all credit-earning methods the student is registered for to request an accommodation for extended testing time and must complete the Term Accommodation Request form within the first week of each term.

A student plans to complete four TECEP® examinations on separate dates during the upcoming year, and the student has a disability that requires extended time to complete each exam. The student must notify the Center for Disability Services at least three weeks prior to each examination to request accommodations for the exams and must complete the Term Accommodation Request form.

Information on the website is the most current and up to date and may differ from that which is elsewhere found in print.