Thomas Edison State University Military Scholarships
The Thomas Edison State University Foundation has established the Military Scholarship to recognize the service and sacrifice of U.S. Active, Reserve, and National Guard service members; their spouses; and honorably discharged or retired veterans. The scholarships are funded entirely by student, University staff, and Foundation donations.
Qualifying Criteria: To be qualified to apply for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate
- Active duty, Reserve, Guard, Honorably Discharged or Retired Veteran, or military Dependent Spouse
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who document being wounded or injured while on active duty
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the University Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Military Scholarships
Specifically directed toward military service members, their families, and other eligible civilians.
Apply for Scholarships
The next scholarship application period will open June 1st.
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all qualifying criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State University Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State University Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Enrolled students must be currently enrolled with the University and must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State University credits.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA at Thomas Edison State University.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State University. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Applicant students must be a current applicant (admitted but not enrolled) to the University and:
- Completed 0-11 Thomas Edison State University credits by any credit earning method.
- Have a minimum Thomas Edison State University GPA of 3.0 in any credits completed.
Supplemental Documentation Required
- Active/Reserve/Guard/Dependent Spouses: Provide a command letter, a copy of official orders, or other type of documentation acceptable to the University verifying your military member or dependent status. The University will contact you if additional documentation is needed.
- Veterans: Provide a copy of your DD 214 or GI Bill Certificate of Eligibility
- Applicants submitting documentation of being wounded or injured on active duty must provide medical verification of wounds/injuries sustained by the service member while on active duty.
Submit supplemental documentation by email (preferred), fax, or mail to:
Fax: (609) 633-6489
Office of Financial Aid
Thomas Edison State University
111 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608