2016-2017 Scholarship Award Year
Summer Award Cycle
Application Period: The summer 2016 application period is closed.
Selection Period: August 1 - 31, 2016
Notification and Recipient Acceptance Period: September 1 - 30, 2016
Disbursement Period: Generally within 3 weeks after receipt of recipient's acceptance
Winter Award Cycle
Application Period: January 15 – January 31, 2017
Selection Period: February 1 - 15, 2017
Notification and Recipient Acceptance Period: February 16 - 28, 2017
Disbursement Period: Generally within 1 - 2 weeks after receipt of recipient's acceptance
How to Apply
The University utilizes an online scholarship management system. When an award cycle opens, all students in an Applicant or Enrolled status are emailed a link to the scholarship system and the link is posted on this webpage. Students will create an account in the scholarship system and complete an application questionnaire which will automatically apply them to all scholarships for which they are eligible. Any required documentation is submitted via the scholarship system at time of application.
Thomas Edison State University offers a number of scholarships to assist students in meeting their financial commitments. The University's Scholarship Program does not discriminate based on religion, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, marital status, or disability. However, some scholarships may have specific eligibility requirements within one or more of these categories.
Scholarships listed on this webpage are approved to be awarded during either of the two award cycles. The awarding of any individual scholarship is based on funds available through the Thomas Edison State University Foundation or from the individual sponsor(s) of the scholarship.
Funding for scholarships is provided by the generous financial support from individuals, corporations, and the Thomas Edison State University Foundation. If you would like to give back to support scholarships for current and future students, you can make a gift online at give.tesu.edu or contact the Office of Development at email@example.com for additional information.
A student is eligible for a scholarship based on their academic level (Undergraduate or Graduate), enrollment status (Applicant or Currently Enrolled), and any specific criteria for the individual scholarship. Students not seeking a degree or certificate from Thomas Edison State University are not eligible for a scholarship from the University.
Eligibility criteria are included on each scholarship’s description and requirements webpage. Students should review each scholarship to ensure they meet the basic eligibility before applying.
Please view the Scholarship Eligibility Criteria Chart.
To be considered for an award, the student must:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State University Scholarship Application during the application period by completing the questionnaire in the scholarship management system or completing a separate online application if provided.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
- Have a minimum Thomas Edison State University GPA of 3.0 at the time of application. Students with an enrollment status of Applicant are exempt from this criterion.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State University. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits. Students with an enrollment status of Applicant are exempt from this criterion.
Scholarship Funds Uses
Scholarship funds may only be used for tuition, fees, or books for Thomas Edison State University courses. Recipients of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission Scholarship may use funds for the purchase of lab kits.
For more information about the University's scholarship program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.