Edith and Oscar Smilak Memorial Scholarship
The Edith and Oscar Smilak Memorial Scholarship was established in 2004 to provide financial support to undergraduate students at Thomas Edison State University who demonstrate a commitment to making a contribution to the improvement of society through study of the arts, human services or political science.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate
- Enrollment Status: Enrolled
Type of degree/certificate: Associate or Bachelor degree in one of the followiing:
- Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Arts in Human Services (AAHS)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) (any Area of Study) or Bachelor of Arts in Human Services (BSHS)
- Other Criteria: None
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the University Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State University Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State University Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the University at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State University credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State University GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State University. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Supplemental Documentation Required: None
Next Opportunity to Apply for Scholarships
The next opportunity to apply for general scholarships will be June 1, 2016.
For students in nuclear-related programs, the NRC Scholarship remains open. Apply from the NRC Scholarship webpage
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.
Should you have questions about our scholarships, please email the Scholarship Committee.