Thomas M. Eklund Endowed Scholarship
The Thomas M. Eklund Endowed Scholarship was established in 2005 in memory of Mr. Thomas M. Eklund, the University’s assistant dean for Academic Advisement, who was tragically killed by a drunk driver on March 26, 1994. In consultation with Mr. Eklund’s wife, the Thomas Edison State University Foundation determined that income from the endowment would be used to provide scholarship support to undergraduate students of Thomas Edison State University. Eligible recipients must either be enrolled at the University or in the process of seeking enrollment.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any undergraduate degree or certificate
- Other Criteria: None
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the University Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State University Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State University Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the University at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State University credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State University GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State University. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Students admitted to the University but not enrolled at the time of scholarship application (Applicants):
- May have completed 0-11 Thomas Edison State University credits by any credit earning method.
- Have a minimum Thomas Edison State University GPA of 3.0 in any credits completed.
Supplemental Documentation Required: None
Next Opportunity to Apply for Scholarships
The next opportunity to apply for general scholarships will be June 1, 2016.
For students in nuclear-related programs, the NRC Scholarship remains open. Apply from the NRC Scholarship webpage
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.
Should you have questions about our scholarships, please email the Scholarship Committee.