Please review this information carefully, as it contains information crucial to your success in the course. For questions about your registration, course status changes, or final course grades, please feel free to contact the Office of the Registrar at (609) 984-1180, ext. 3180, or by submitting a HelpDesk ticket in myEdison®.
To help you find relevant information as quickly as possible, information about course registration is organized into the following sections:
- What the Course Suffixes Mean
- Accessing Your Courses
- How to access the University Portal/Moodle courses
- Moodle Course Space
- Course Fees, Financial Aid and Veterans' Benefits
- Ordering Course Materials and Textbooks
- Important Student Forms
- Final Course Grades
Through this Web site, Thomas Edison State University provides students and faculty with 24-hour access to their courses. To access the site, your browser must be a recent version of Internet Explorer or Firefox. Please contact your ISP for assistance in upgrading your browser. Your course will be made available online the first day of the term.
You may log in using one of the methods below:
- If you have an existing account for myEdison, please continue to use the established Username and Password to access your course(s).
- If you have used the Online Student Services page, your Username for myEdison is your seven digit College ID number and the Password is the same as the one used to access the Online Student Services page.
- If you have not used the Online Student Services page, your College ID is your seven digit College ID number and the Password is initially set to the last 4 digits of your social security number. We strongly recommend changing your password upon logging in for the first time.
- Once you are logged into myEdison®, you will see the heading "My Courses." The courses you are registered for will appear the first day of the term for which you are registered. Click on the title of your course. For OL, NU, PR, PA and GS courses, your mentor information is located on your course site. You will be submitting your assignments to your mentor via your course site. For EP courses, there are no assignments to send and no mentor to contact. You will access your chapter quizzes via the course site. For assistance with accessing your courses, please contact Learner Support Center from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday by phone at (888) 442-8372 or send an email to email@example.com.
To Verify/Change Your Email Address or Password:
- Log into myEdison as described above
- Select "Personal Information"' from the list on the left side of your screen
- Click on "Edit Personal Information" to change your email address. You may also want to email the other users in your class
- Click on "Change Password" to change your password
Changing your password or email address in myEdison® DOES NOT update your student records. To update your student records, visit the Online Student Services Page.
Your Username is your seven digit College ID number and the password is initially set to the last 4 digits of your social security number. We strongly recommend changing your password upon logging in for the first time.
To access the College Portal, you will use the same login name and password as Online Student Services (OSS), but will insert the domain of: students\ in front of your first name.last name user name.
For example, your user name will be: students\jane.smith
Your password will be the same one you use for Online Student Services (OSS).
Your existing OSS password may allow you access to OSS but may not work upon initial login to the University Portal.
If you experience this type of error while logging into the University Portal, or if you have forgotten your password or receive a password error, visit the Password Reset page for more information. If you still are unable to log into the University Portal after resetting your password, submit a ticket through OSS or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you are in the University Portal click on your Moodle class. On the first attempt you may get an error like these below. Please watch the Portal Login Instructional Video to fix these issues.
The login to Moodle failed.
SSO credentials for user "0#.w|students\thomas.edison" could not be found in application "MoodleSSO" Enter your credentials.
- The login to Moodle failed. Click here to enter your Moodle username and password.
For additional assistance, please send an email to the Learner Support Center at email@example.com.
If you need a receipt, contact the Office of the Bursar at (609) 984-4099 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail your request to:
The Office of the Bursar
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608
This is an electronic form and will only be processed if you submit it with your Certificate of Eligibility (CoE). Please visit here for information on how to obtain a CoE.
You may contact the Office of Financial Aid at (609) 633-9658 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you have Thomas Edison State University Financial Aid, please remember that federal and New Jersey state financial aid is awarded only for enrollment in Thomas Edison State University Guided Study (GS) and Online (OL or NU) courses. Financial aid will not be awarded for TECEP exams (TE), Prior Learning Assessment (PA) or e-Pack (EP) courses. In order for your course tuition and fees to be paid by financial aid, you must register for courses in the specific terms that you requested in your award letter. Please check your course confirmation letters against your Thomas Edison State University Financial Aid Award Letter to ensure that you are in compliance with all your award specifications. If you register in courses outside of the terms you requested or in the course types listed above as non-FA approved, your financial aid won’t be awarded and you will be responsible for the course tuition and fees. You will also be responsible for the University enrollment fee you selected. If you wish to change your courses so that they will be accepted for financial aid, please contact the Office of the Registrar immediately by entering a HelpDesk ticket via myEdison®.
You may purchase your course materials from any available source. For your convenience, all materials for your courses are available from MBS Direct. To review the materials needed, visit the MBS Direct site and follow the instructions below:
- Click "Order my books"
- Select your term and program and then click "Continue"
- Select your course and click "Submit course ID selection(s)"
- Click on the title of the book and you will see information about the book, including its title, edition and ISBN number
Please have your term and course information available when you order to determine what materials are needed for your course.
The Course Manual and Syllabus are essential to every course except e-Pack® and Prior Learning Assessment. You will find the Student Handbook in your course space. Please read it thoroughly. By becoming familiar with all information in the Student Handbook, you will avoid last minute problems that might prevent you from satisfying the course requirements.
- OL, GS and NU students: Your Course Manual is located in your online course site.
- EP Students: There is no Course Manual or other course materials, just a textbook.
- PA and PR Students: No course materials or textbooks will need to be purchased. However, the course mentor may suggest to you readings and additional materials to support your Prior Learning Assessment narrative.
Access Student Forms
Links to Course Withdrawal Forms, Course Extension Forms, and Student Data Change Forms
Proctor Request Form
If your course has examinations, you must print, complete, and mail the Proctor Request Form to the Office of Test Administration no later than the first week of the term.
The Office of Test Administration
Thomas Edison State University
111 West State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608
Proctor Request Forms are available on the Student Forms page.
The Proctor Request Form must be submitted every term, even if you are using the same proctor you have used before. Please note that if you transferred to a new course, you will need to resubmit your Proctor Request Form to the Office of Test Administration with the new course information. If you do not submit the completed Proctor Request Form to the University, your examinations will NOT be mailed to your proctor. Complete information explaining these forms is located in the Course Manual. For questions about testing arrangements or proctors, contact the Office of Test Administration at (609) 633-6353 or by entering a HelpDesk ticket through myEdison.
Attention EP students: Your Proctor Request Form is different than the one for other types of courses, so be sure to use the one with the title Proctor Request Form - e-Pack®.
Nursing, Prior Learning Assessment and Practicum courses DO NOT require proctored examinations.
Final course grades will be available for viewing via the Online Student Service page by four weeks after the term end date. If you request and receive an approved extension, your mentor will submit your final course grade when all course requirements have been fulfilled. A final grade will be issued at that time. If you need an unofficial final grade, please contact your mentor directly. (Note that the mentor receives the exam about a week after you take it. Please allow time before you contact the mentor.) If you haven’t requested an extension and your mentor is only missing your final examination as of the date he or she is required to submit the final course grade, your mentor will give you an "I" (Incomplete) final grade. If the examination is not received by six weeks after the term end date, the "I" (Incomplete) grade automatically becomes an "IF" (Incomplete Failure). If this course completes your degree requirements for a Thomas Edison State University degree, you should apply for graduation after you complete the course. All course grades are reported as letter grades with the exception of PA (Prior Learning Assessment), PR (Practicum) and EP (e-Pack), noted below. Grades for PA, PR and EP courses are reported as Credit or No Credit only.
If this course completes your degree requirements for a Thomas Edison State University degree, you should apply for graduation after you receive your final grade report (about four weeks after the end of the term). If you have an approved extension, your final grade will be released after your mentor submits an updated final grade. You may NOT request to graduate or receive a transcript of the course grade until you receive your official final grade report from the Office of the Registrar.
Access Our Online University Catalog
Graduate Registration Guidelines
Click below for guidelines and information about registering for a graduate course.