Skip to Main Content

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

Please ask your former institutions to send your transcripts to TESU electronically as we are operating remotely. There may be a delay in processing mailed transcripts.


Sending in Transcripts and Other Documentation for Evaluation

1. How do I send transcripts and other documentation to TESU for evaluation?
TESU will evaluate only official transcripts. Faxed, scanned, emailed, unofficial, student copies and photocopies will not be evaluated.

The best way to have your official college transcripts sent to Thomas Edison State University is through one of the following secured electronic delivery systems. You should ask the sending institution if they can send the transcript electronically to us. If they need an email address to send it, please use We do not accept transcripts sent by email as an attachment or through a service other than the ones mentioned above.

A secondary way you can have your transcripts sent to the University is by mail. Official transcripts should be mailed from the institution’s Registrar/Records Office directly to Thomas Edison State University. We will also accept official transcripts which have been sent to a student in a sealed envelope and then forwarded to us directly from the student. If it appears the envelope has been opened, we will not accept the transcript.

All Undergraduate and Graduate applicants and students should have official transcripts sent to:

Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608

Please note: All Graduate applicants must submit an official transcript from the institution which awarded their baccalaureate degree.
2. How do I send foreign credit for review?
TESU will not evaluate transcripts from other countries. We will accept the credit recommendations from one of the following agencies when the recommendations are based on a course by course evaluation and sent on an official transcript to TESU.

Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. (ACEI)

Center for Applied Research, Evaluations & Education, Inc.

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)

World Educational Services, Inc. (WES)

SDR Educational Consultants

SpanTran Evaluation Services

Transcript Research

For a full listing of International Student Policies, as well as contact information for the agencies listed above, please visit our College Catalog.
3. How do I send military credit for review?
You may request to have official military transcripts sent by contacting your corresponding military service branch. For more information regarding contact information for each military branch visit Earning Credits for Military Training.

Please note that Coast Guard, Army, Marine Corps and Navy Active Duty Reserve and Veterans can now request an official transcript through the Joint Services Transcript website.
4. I have credit from a nontraditional source (licenses, certificates, examinations, ACE/NCCRS credit) –how do I have it evaluated for TESU credit?
Thomas Edison State University accepts and awards credit for many types of professional training, licenses and certificates, and different examination programs.
    TESU awards credit for different college-level examination programs. An official transcript from the institution must be sent in order for credit to be awarded.

    For more information regarding Exam programs-please visit Examination Programs.
    For a complete listing of licenses and certifications that TESU has reviewed for credit, please visit Licenses and Certifications.

    In most cases, an official notarized copy of the license/ certification (accompanied by the “Student Submission of TESU-Assessed Credentials” form) needs to be sent in order for credit to be awarded.
  • PROFESSIONAL TRAINING REVIEWED BY ACE (American Council on Education) & NCCRS (National CCRS)
    TESU also awards credit for professional training that has been reviewed by ACE and NCCRS. For more information about professional training please visit Professional Training Programs.

    TESU requires an official ACE transcript for ACE-reviewed professional training, and an official transcript from the credit-awarding organization for NCCRS-reviewed professional training.

Toni M. Terry, BA

"I am 67 years old, soon to be 68, and to be able to say I did this at this day in my life is just gratification for my own self."

Watch Toni »