Skip to Main Content

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

Chat with TESU

Stage 4: Registration: Courses and Materials

You are enrolled with the University, have submitted your VA benefits, received an academic evaluation, and planned courses into your degree with an academic advisor. If you have made it this far, you are almost there!

Finally, you get to register for courses!

There are two main methods of registration. You can call the Registration Line directly at (609) 633-9242, or you can register through your Student Self-Service portal.

The advantage to registering online is that you can access registration 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as it is always “on”. However you may want to consider calling in your registration request if you anticipate payment of tuition, or you wish to verify any issues that may delay the registration, as our representatives will be able to provide you with live assistance should there be any potential problems.

Whether or not you will pay for tuition at the time of registration depends on your eligibility:

Tuition Payment Due

Tuition Covered

If financial aid has been awarded, tuition may not be immediately due, but it is highly advisable that you determine your aid amount before the term starts, so as to ensure tuition will be covered.

The Parent Letter: Registering for Transfer Courses
If you are going to compliment your registration with courses from a local institution, and you wish to use VA benefits at that institution, you will need to complete a parent letter request form. As detailed in the previous step, this letter will enable the VA certifying official at the local institution to submit a certification to the VA on your behalf, so that you can then maximize your benefits received.

Books: Course Materials and VA Benefits
While there are some chapters that may offer benefits specific to books and course materials, we always recommend purchasing books or materials BEFORE receiving VA benefits, as they may not arrive in time to receive the materials before the course starts. The only exception to this advice is for our Chapter 31 (VR&E) students, as they work directly with their VA counselor to secure payment for books.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website

Next, Stage 5: Certification »