Active Status for Contractual Program Students
Students enrolled in Thomas Edison State University through contractual and military agreements [i.e., Corporate Choice®, eArmyU, Military Degree Completion Program (MDCP), Navy College Program, and the Rutgers School of Health Related Professions (formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) joint degree program], as well as veteran students and veteran family members must demonstrate academic activity by attempting a minimum of 3 semester hour credits over the course of the 12-month period for which they are enrolled.
For example, a student whose course or other credit earning option began on Sept. 1, 2010, must register for another 3-credit course before Sept. 1, 2011, to be considered an enrolled Thomas Edison State University student for the following year. Students who do not attempt 3 credits in an academic year will be deemed “Inactive.”
An “Inactive” military or veteran student may receive the following College services:
- Register for classes online. Military and veteran students will pay the current tuition rate of their respective contract. All other contract students will pay the current nonmatriculated tuition rate. Registration by telephone or fax will also be permitted.
- View grades and current financial aid award status.
- Submit changes to mailing or e-mail addresses.
- Receive academic advising for only current or potential Thomas Edison State University degree programs.
Evaluation updates, review of new transcripts, degree program changes and access to myEdison® account will not be available. “Inactive” students (those who were previously enrolled in the University but who have not demonstrated academic progress as described above) can reactivate their enrollment in the following ways:
Military and Veteran Students:
- Enroll for a minimum of 3 semester hours in a course or other credit-earning option. Students will be governed by the academic policies in place at the time they began their program.
Other Contractual Students:
- Pay a $75 reactivation fee and enroll in a course or other credit-earning option. Students who choose this route will be governed by the academic policies in place at the time of their reactivated enrollment.
- Pay the $75 reactivation fee and provide transcripts demonstrating academic progress (i.e., that they have attempted at least 3 credits) for each 12-month period whose anniversary is the date on which their most recently attempted Thomas Edison State University course or other credit-earning option began. Students who choose this route will be governed by the academic policies in place at the time of their original enrollment with the University.
Military students with a valid Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) agreement with Thomas Edison State University, as well as veteran students and veteran family members, and who remain in “Inactive” status for five consecutive years, must reapply for admission to return to the University and will be governed by the academic policies and degree programs in place at the time of their readmission