Larraine R. Matusak Endowed Scholarship
The Larraine R. Matusak Scholarship was established in 1982 in honor of Dr. Larraine R. Matusak, who served as the second president of Thomas Edison State University from 1979 to 1982. This fund was created to honor Dr. Matusak's deep and continuing commitment to access, choice and quality of higher educational opportunities for adult learners.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate
- Other Criteria: None
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the University Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State University Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State University Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the University at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State University credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State University GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State University. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Students admitted to the University but not enrolled at the time of scholarship application (Applicants):
- May have completed 0-11 Thomas Edison State University credits by any credit earning method.
- Have a minimum Thomas Edison State University GPA of 3.0 in any credits completed.
Supplemental Documentation Required: None