DNP e-Portfolio Information
All DNP students are required to create an electronic portfolio (e-Portfolio) that is submitted in the final nursing course. The purpose of this e-Portfolio is to showcase the best work you have completed during your DNP program and reflect on what you have learned and how you have grown professionally during your DNP program. The e-Portfolio supports your professional development, documents your clinical competence, and maps course assignments to your program outcomes. The content of your e-Portfolio are artifacts such as your papers, presentations, and other documents that provide evidence of what you have accomplished in the DNP program and how you have met the DNP program outcomes. In addition to the artifacts, your e-Portfolio includes reflective narratives that give examples and demonstrate what you have learned and how you have grown professionally during your DNP program, and documents related to your DNP project.
Mapping the e-Portfolio to the DNP outcomes
Students should follow the directions below to establish their DNP e-Portfolio.
- Log in to the eCollege portal at www2.tesu.edu/myedison
- Find the “My Unread Messages” block and click. This takes you to your University email. Click on the Google Apps navigation icon (located in the top, right corner of the screen) and choose “Sites.”
- Click “Create,” then “Browse Gallery for More,” then “Student Templates,” then select “Nursing DNP Portfolio.” Then scroll to the bottom and click “Select.”
- Name your e-Portfolio as Last name, First Name.
- Click “Create.”
- When your e-Portfolio appears on your screen, go to the upper right hand corner and click “Share.”
- In the Add People box, type in firstname.lastname@example.org. At the end of the DNP program you will share your e-Portfolio with your NUR-922 mentor. Click “Share and Save.”
- To return to your e-Portfolio, click the site name on the left side.
Guidelines for Completing the DNP e-Portfolio
Students are expected to submit the graded assignments showing the mentors’ comments with “Track Changes.” If a mentor did not grade the artifact using “Track Changes,” the grading rubric must be uploaded along with the artifact.
For each DNP program outcome, students submit a well-written reflective narrative that documents how the artifacts submitted, and the courses in which the artifacts were produced, contributed to meeting the outcome. The reflective narrative should be uploaded into the appropriate outcome folder within the e-Portfolio.
E-Portfolios are a work in progress that should be created in the first DNP course and updated at the completion of each succeeding course. It is strongly recommended that students not wait until the final DNP course to create an e-Portfolio.