Skip to Main Content

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

What Does MyCAA Pay For?

MyCAA will pay for tuition costs for education and training courses and examinations leading to an associate’s degree (excluding General Studies and Liberal Arts), license, certificate or certification at an accredited college, university, or technical school in the United States or approved testing organization that expands employment or portable career opportunities for military spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum education benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year cap of $2,000.

MyCAA will NOT pay for the following:

  • Tuition for courses and examinations that are not included in your spouse’s Education and Training Plan and those that have already started or been completed by the spouse
  • Reimbursements of any kind
  • Books, supplies, equipment, uniforms, computers and electronic devices of any kind
  • Student activities, events and entertainment
  • Pre-payment/deposits for future courses, unless costs are part of a block of study
  • School or college level entrance examinations, comprehensive exams and related preparatory courses
  • Courses, tests or fees normally paid by an employer as part of a job training program
  • Non-academic credit or ungraded courses, including courses taken on an audit basis or as an internship, practicum, apprenticeship, or clinical supervision; also, orientation programs that are non-academic credit or ungraded
  • Courses taken more than one time unless MyCAA has received a full refund from the school
  • Academic credit by examination tests (e.g. CLEP, etc.)
  • Associate degrees in General Studies or Liberal Arts
  • Personal enrichment courses (excluding courses that are academic credit/graded electives in an approved MyCAA Spouse Education and Training Plan)
  • Transportation, lodging, child care, and medical services
  • Course Extensions (except for approved hardship waivers)
  • Study Abroad Programs (excluding programs of study offered by participating MyCAA schools on overseas military bases)

How can you establish a MyCAA Account?

  • Visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal online at
  • Provide required Spouse Profile information. A real-time DEERS eligibility check will confirm if you meet MyCAA eligibility requirements so you can move forward and establish your MyCAA Account. Those who do not pass this check will be provided additional guidance.

How can you provide MyCAA with feedback?

How can you get additional information or assistance?

  • Call (800) 342-9647 to speak with a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant or, if you already have an established MyCAA Account, use your Message Box as the fastest way to receive information and assistance.