- Contact a SECO counselor by phone at (800) 342-9647 to help them determine if a portfolio is right for you. Once speaking with a SECO counselor, we recommend visiting the PLA Self Assessment Guide and contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- NOTE: In order to receive funding through this program, the spouses must go through the SECO counseling.
Credit for Prior Learning
Thomas Edison State University is proud to participate in a pilot program which aims to help military spouses turn college-level knowledge acquired outside the classroom, including volunteer time, into college credit.
To participate, follow these guidelines:
01Contact a SECO Counselor
02Enroll in Required Courses
- Complete the Portfolio Development Course through Learning Counts
- For non-degree seeking students or a visiting student, please fill out a non-matriculated application. It is your responsibility to see that the credits you intend to earn through PLA, including Portfolio Assessment, at Thomas Edison State University will be within the guidelines of the program or school for which you earn these credits.
Costs associated with this program:
- $75 Application Fee (if applicable)
- $250 per credit hour (total $700 for PLA 100 and PLA 200)
- $363 Portfolio assessment fee for 12 credits