Individual Learning Account
An Individual Learning Account is a non-degree service provided by Thomas Edison State University to individuals who wish to document college-level learning gained through:
- Military experience
- Professional licenses
- College proficiency examinations: CLEP exams, DSST (DANTES) exams or Advanced Placement examinations.
- College level corporate training programs or American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations (including WPT & OPI examinations)
- The acceptance of FEMA Independent Study courses for credit at Thomas Edison State University has been indefinitely suspended. FEMA credits will not be added to an Individual Learning Account transcript. Students may choose to enroll at a later time, but there is no guarantee that all credits will be counted toward a degree program at Thomas Edison State University.
Upon submission of the Individual Learning Account application and receipt of all official documents, Thomas Edison State University will consolidate all documents received into one official transcript, in accordance with academic policies.
Advantages of an Individual Learning Account at Thomas Edison State University:
- The Individual Learning Account fee entitles students to transcription services for one year. Fees are listed on the application below.
- Upon receipt of all official transcripts, Thomas Edison State University will consolidate them within 14 business days into one official transcript.
How to get started:
- Complete the Nondegree Services Application
- Enclose the appropriate fee listed in section 2 of the Nondegree Services Application. Use this form to pay by check or money order via the U.S. mail. Please make checks payable to Thomas Edison State University.
- Mail the completed Application and payment to:
Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608
Submit official college transcripts, military documents, college proficiency examinations, documentation of college-level corporate learning or American Council on Education (ACE) Registry transcript.
ACTFL Exams: Please note that TESU requires both an official American Council on Education (ACE) transcript as well as a notarized copy of the ACTFL score report for students seeking credit for the ACTFL OPI or WPT exams. The ACE transcript is needed to determine the amount of credit to award, and the ACTFL report is needed to determine the correct language. TESU awards credit for all ACE-reviewed ACTFL examinations with the exception of the English ACTFL examination.
The ACE Online Transcript System website is www.acenet.edu/transcripts
- For more information about submitting correct documentation, please visit the Office of the Registrar’s Sending Us Transcripts webpage.
For further information regarding Individual Learning Account, please contact TESU at (888)-442-8372.
Military students may contact our military department for assistance in finding a degree that will utilize most of the credits that you have already earned. To speak to a military advisor, please contact us at (886) 446-1804 or email@example.com.
One of the Top Military-Friendly Institutions in the U.S.
Military & Veteran Education Support