TECEP® Policies and Contact Information
Thomas Edison State University reserves the right to cancel or withdraw TECEP® exams when necessary.
Registration and Testing
- You must test by the last day of the 12-week term in which you register. There are no extensions for TECEP® exams.
- You may withdraw through the last day of your term. Course withdrawal refund policies apply. Policies are listed in the College Catalog.
- If you don’t either test or withdraw by the end of your term you will receive an NT (Not Taken) grade. It will not affect your GPA or be included on your transcript.
- If you do not pass a TECEP exam the first time, you can take it one more time in a different term.
- To test a second time you must register in a new term and pay the registration fee.
Test Administration Ethics
- Students found using unauthorized aids/assistance during the administration or copying/removing/sharing test information will be subject to the Academic Code of Conduct.
- It is not possible to review a TECEP® exam after administration. Students with concerns should email firstname.lastname@example.org and include their name, College ID, course code, and test date. Any concerns regarding a specific test administration should be submitted within 90 days of the receipt of the grade report.
- We are not able to provide diagnostic feedback for test results or to regrade tests.
- In order to maintain compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, the University cannot release test results via telephone, email, or fax.