- Course Registration - Payment Requirements and Financial Aid Information
- Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Air Force Students or MyCAA Spouses Using Up-Front Tuition Assistance
- Registration in Graduate Courses, PLA, Professional and Continuing Studies
Enrolled students are asked to use Online Student Services to register for courses, pay tuition, check their grades and other tasks directly related to earning their degrees.
Register for Courses Online
Students without computer and Internet access may register for courses by completing the undergraduate (or) graduate course registration forms listed below. Please follow instructions on the forms when submitting your payment.
Enrolled students may schedule an appointment with an academic advisor by selecting one of the options listed here. Please include your degree program (AA, BA, ASNSM, ASM, ASBA, BSBA, ASPSS, BSHS, AAS, AST, BST, BSN, MSN, etc.) in your inquiry.
- Course registration via the Web requires payment by credit card, unless you are currently enrolled in the University under the Comprehensive Tuition plan, or have approved Thomas Edison State University Financial Aid for this term. Any late fees for students on the Comprehensive Tuition plan also must be paid by credit card at the time of registration. If you complete your registration and leave a balance unpaid, you will be automatically deregistered. All successful registrations will be confirmed by the Office of the Registrar within 2 business days by email.
- Federal financial aid is awarded only for enrollment in Thomas Edison State University distance learning courses (Guided Study or Online courses). Financial aid will not be awarded for TECEP exams, Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) or e-Pack courses. In order for your course fees to be paid by financial aid, you must register for courses in the terms that you requested in your award letter. If you register in courses outside of the terms you requested and don't pay on your own at the time of registration, you will be deregistered.
- If you do not wish to register on the Web or you are paying check, please print the Undergraduate Course Registration Form or Graduate Registration Form and mail it with your payment.
- Students using Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Air Force and MyCAA tuition assistance may register for courses and we will reserve a seat in the class(es) while you wait for your TA document. You will receive a confirmation email from the Office of the Registrar within two (2) business days, to confirm that you have successfully chosen your course(s). However, your registration process is not complete until you send your authorized TA or payment. Please email your TA to TA@tesu.edu or fax to (609) 984-7143, as soon as you receive it – you do NOT have to sign the TA form. If we do not receive the authorized TA or another method of payment prior to the term start date, your name will be removed from the course roster on the first day of class. You will receive emails as the term start-date approaches reminding you that your registration is not complete if payment (or TA) has not been received.Please note any student share must be paid prior to the term start date.
- Navy/Marines/Coast Guard/Air Force/MyCAA student: Please ensure that your TA is 100% accurate. The military requires that the term, course number, description and tuition dollar amount are exact. The military may refuse to pay for your course(s) if you submit an inaccurate TA form and the University would be unable to report your final grade to the military at the completion of the course. If your TA form is inaccurate, you should contact your ESO and request an adjusted TA. All TA’s should be sent to TA@tesu.edu or faxed to (609) 984-7143.
- Army Reserves, Army National Guard and New Jersey National Guard: Please note that due to additional processing requirements, students using Tuition Assistance or Commander's Certificates from the Army Reserves, Army National Guard and New Jersey National Guard will not be able to register online. NJ National Guard students are required to complete the NJ National Guard Tuition Waiver Guidelines checklist and send their required documents to the Office of Military Education and Veteran’s Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at (609) 984-7143 to register for courses.
- Registration in graduate courses is only available to students who have been accepted into our graduate programs. If you have any questions about registering for Graduate courses, please contact the Course Registration office.
- Prior Learning Assessment is the demonstration of college-level knowledge acquired through work or other learning experiences. PLA courses are 12-week online courses where the content expert, called a mentor, guides the student through the process for documenting mastery of the subject. Visit PLA for more information.
- The School of Professional and Continuing Studies offers on-line certificate programs for students to acquire new skills to accelerate their careers. Please note that these certificates are not transferable to degree programs. Tuition payments for these certificates are NOT refundable. For more information, School of Professional and Continuing Studies.
Undergraduate Registration Guidelines
Click below for guidelines and information about registering for an undergraduate course.
Graduate Registration Guidelines
Click below for guidelines and information about registering for a graduate course.
Access Our Online University Catalog