Skip to Main Content

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

Academic and Financial Standing, Catalog Currency and Individual Learning Account

Certification of Good Academic and Financial Standing

For letters of good standing, a student must be in good academic and financial standing. Students must be actively enrolled to receive a letter of good standing. Written requests should be addressed to the Office of the Registrar. If a letter of good standing needs to include course or credit information, the written request requires the student’s signature.

Written requests for letters of recommendation for admission to graduate schools should be addressed to the dean of the School in which the student is enrolled. For certifications relative to financial aid/loans, written requests should be made to the director of the Office of Financial Aid.

Catalog Currency

Students must use the Thomas Edison State University Undergraduate Catalog or Graduate Catalog that is in effect on the date of enrollment to determine graduation requirements. However, if students change their degree program or allow their enrollment to lapse more than three years, necessary graduation requirements will be required as listed in the Undergraduate Catalog or Graduate Catalog in effect at the time the official change or re-enrollment is recorded in the Office of the Registrar.

Individual Learning Account

Individual Learning Account is available to individuals who wish to document college-level military experience, licenses, college proficiency examinations and college-level corporate training programs. To apply for an Individual Learning Account, complete a Non-degree Services Application, which may be accessed at

The Individual Learning Account application fee entitles students to transcription services for one year. Students are advised that credits transcripted under the Individual Learning Account program may or may not apply to a degree program at Thomas Edison State University or another college. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that a receiving institution’s academic policy will allow transfer of each credit. Credit will not be transcripted in cases of obvious or apparent duplication or for courses deemed to be developmental. Individual Learning Account students who later decide to enroll at Thomas Edison State University should file an application for admission and submit the appropriate fees. At that time all credits will be reviewed for acceptance in the degree and the student will be informed as to which credits are appropriate for the specific degree. Individual Learning Account is not available for foreign credentials nor is credit given for courses taught.

Toni M. Terry, BA

"I am 67 years old, soon to be 68, and to be able to say I did this at this day in my life is just gratification for my own self."

Watch Toni »