Registering for Graduate Courses
You are eligible to take graduate-level courses if:
- You have been accepted into a graduate degree or certificate program
- You have applied to be a nonmatriculated graduate student
- You have been accepted for the bachelor’s to master’s degree program
Most graduate courses are offered four times a year in January, April, July and October. Graduate courses offered by the School of Business and Management are offered six times a year in January, March, May, July, September and November. A typical course load is 6 credits per term and degrees may be earned in 18 months or less. Online courses are guided by mentors, most of whom have practical experience and earned doctoral degrees. All online courses are delivered through myEdison®, - the University’s online course management system that utilizes the Moodle platform. Students are expected to have experience and proficiency using a computer, browsing the Web and sending and receiving email. Upon acceptance, students will be sent a seven digit College ID number and password. Graduate students in the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing should refer to the information on online nursing courses in previous sections of this publication.
Registration Methods: An Overview
You may register for courses in several ways during scheduled registration periods (see the Academic Calendar for exact registration dates). Please note that no registrations will be accepted by mail during late registration periods.
- Online registration (via Online Student Services) for Thomas Edison State University graduate students who have approved Thomas Edison State University financial aid or students who are paying the graduate tuition by credit card. Students should select the graduate term at the top of the screen to see the graduate course offerings. Online registration is not available for the Graduate Portfolio option, which is designed to help students earn credit for knowledge they already have as a result of training, work, professional research or other learning experiences. Students interested in using the Graduate Portfolio option to earn credit must submit a Graduate PLA proposal form. The form is reviewed by the dean of the School offering that program or course credit. Once the dean approves the proposal, the Office of Portfolio Assessment will create the course section and will instruct the student to register. Payment in full is required at the time of registration. For additional information the Graduate Portfolio process, please visit http://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/Graduate-PLA.cfm.
The following options require the use of a paper Graduate Registration Form, which may be accessed at www.tesu.edu/studentforms.
- Mail in registration should be accompanied by your Graduate Registration Form and a check or money order. The form can be accessed at www.tesu.edu/studentforms. Please do not include credit card information with this method of payment.
- Walk in with your completed Graduate Registration Form and payment to register. The Office of the Registrar is located in Hanover Hall at 167 W. Hanover St., Trenton, N.J. If you pay in cash, your payment must be delivered directly to the Office of the Bursar at 221 W. Hanover St., Trenton, N.J., after the registrar has processed your registration. Only cash, check or money orders will be accepted with this form of payment.
Please note that after April 1, 2017, we cannot process your credit or debit card information in-person, by mail, fax or phone. Please use Online Student Services (OSS) for registration payments using your debit card, credit card or via electronic check.
Late registration for all courses will take place following the close of regular registration. Only online registrations will be accepted during this period. All late registrations must include the late registration fee. Students who mail in registrations postmarked after the close of the regular registration period will not be processed and will be contacted.
Financial Aid for Graduate Students
Graduate students are eligible for Federal Direct Student Loans. Detailed information may be found in the Financial Aid Packet, which may be accessed through the Thomas Edison State University website or by contacting the Office of Financial Aid at (888) 442-8372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.