Julia Cadiz Negrón Endowed Scholarship
The Julia Cádiz Negrón Scholarship was established in 1995 by her son, a retired staff member of the University, in honor of Julia Cádiz Negrón, who instilled the value of education in her children, inspiring them to achieve their highest possible potential. The scholarship is awarded to support enrolled students at Thomas Edison State University who were born in or currently reside in Latin America (Mexico, Central America, and South America) or the islands of the Caribbean Sea.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Enrollment Status: Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate
- Student must currently reside in Latin America (Mexico or Central or South America) or one of the islands of the Caribbean Sea.
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the University Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State University Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State University Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the University at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State University credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State University GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State University. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Supplemental Documentation Required:
- Submit documentation that validates currently residing in one of the required geographical locations. Documentation may consist of a driver’s license, utility bills, or other documentation accepted by the Scholarship Committee.
Apply for Scholarships
For students in nuclear-related programs, the NRC Scholarship remains open. Apply from the NRC Scholarship webpage
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.
Should you have questions about our scholarships, please email the Scholarship Committee.