Comprehensive Tuition Plan
|2017-2018 Comprehensive Tuition (as of of April 1, 2017)|
- Students pay one annual tuition and register for up to 36 credits in a 12-month period
- The plan covers up to 36 credits of the University's Online courses, Guided Study courses, e-Pack® courses, TECEP® exams and portfolio assessment
- The plan also covers the one-credit course, TES-100 Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies, a required course for newly enrolled students (as of May 25, 2016) that is designed to assess their readiness in areas relevant to student success; newly enrolled students will be automatically registered for this course, which will appear in new students’ registration results.
- The plan does not cover textbooks or course materials
Enrollment Grace Period
All students are provided a thirty day grace period at the end of their current year of service. For example if their enrollment date is August 2, 2015 they have a thirty day grace period that ends on September 1, 2015.
The primary purpose of the grace period is to provide students completing their degrees with time to submit final grades or transcripts for the graduation audit. Students that will not complete their final courses during the grace period will be required to extend their enrollment.
If a student has not renewed or extended their Comprehensive Tuition Plan, or enrolled in a course or exam that will extend their active enrollment under one of the University's per credit tuition plans, he or she will become inactive at the end of the grace period. After a student is inactive they will be required to reapply to the University.
Change of Enrollment Plans
Students will be able to request a change to their enrollment plan, Comprehensive Tuition Plan, or Per Credit Tuition Plan, within ninety days from the start of their current year of service. The written requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received the Bursar's Office will change the enrollment plan and recalculate any tuition and fees if necessary.
*Regardless of residence, full-time active duty military personnel have the option to pay New Jersey residency tuition.
NOTE: All tuition costs listed here were approved on March 10, 2017 by the Board of Trustees of Thomas Edison State University and are effective April 1, 2017. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
- If your degree program requires a course not offered by Thomas Edison State University, then you may need to take that course at another institution. Those courses are not covered by this tuition plan and you would be responsible for any and all costs incurred at that institution.
- The Comprehensive Tuition Plan does not apply to nursing students or graduate students.
Create an Account to Apply Today
Our simple online tool helps you plan.
Attend an Information Session
Information Sessions are held throughout the year and provide prospective students with the opportunity to meet University staff and learn more about the admissions process, financial aid, enrolling and what it is like taking an online course.