How to Get Started
- Visit Thomas Edison State University's Web site to explore our degrees and various methods of earning credit. For more information, email us at email@example.com or call us at (888) 442-8372.
- Payment of the $75 application fee makes you eligible to enroll as a student immediately and begin earning your degree at Thomas Edison State University. To enroll, applicants must simply register for a course and pay the course tuition. Once this is done, you will be an enrolled student for one full year. After your application is received and processed, you will receive an acceptance letter,College Catalog and additional information to help you enroll.
Application Instructions: To ensure you are applying as part of your partnership program, you will be asked to identify your employer or affiliation. Step five of the application will ask, "Are you employed by or affiliated with a Thomas Edison State University partnership program? If so, please select "Yes" for this question and then choose your employer or affiliation from the drop down menu. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (888) 442-8372 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have applied to the University, you may begin registering for classes at any time. You will receive a College ID number on your acceptance letter that will enable you to access myEdison, the University's online course management system. You may track the status of your application and transcripts and view your completed academic program evaluation through myEdison. Your ID number serves as your myEdison login. Your myEdison password is the last four digits of your social security number.
- You may register online, via telephone by calling the Office of the Registrar at (609) 633-9242; or via the U.S. mail. You must pay for your courses at the time of registration and can mail your registration form and payment to the Office of the Registrar (to the address listed in Step 4).
As an employee of Charles Schwab, payment of the $75 application fee also entitles you to a complete review of all previously earned academic credentials. This review, which is known as an academic program evaluation, is the basis of your program plan and advisement services. Please have official transcripts and documentation of all your past college credits, professional and/or military training and other experiences, sent to:
The Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608
Regarding your transcripts, please note:
- Your transcripts should be sent directly to Thomas Edison State University from the institution(s) you have attended.
- Transcripts sent to Thomas Edison State University that have been sent first to you from the institution(s) you have attended must arrive at Thomas Edison State University in the unopened, sealed envelope from the institution(s) you attended. You may not open these transcripts. Transcripts that arrive at Thomas Edison State University opened are not valid and must be resubmitted.
International transcripts: The University will accept credit recommendations from a required course-by-course evaluation completed by a variety of agencies. Click here to find out more.
All costs associated with the international credit evaluation are the responsibility of the student. The University reserves the right to make its own determination on the amount and type of credit to be awarded based on the evaluations provide by these agencies. An enrolled student may transfer a maximum of 90 credits from international institutions. Foreign students in the United States on student (F-1) visas can use all methods available to U.S. students for completing their degree requirements. Course-by-course credit recommendations will be reviewed by Thomas Edison State University based upon existing transfer and degree policies in place at the time of application.
You will receive an evaluation of your previously earned academic credits within 10 business days of the receipt of your application. The evaluation will be sent to you via U.S. Mail. With your evaluation, all of your past college credits, training and professional licensures and/or certifications are reviewed to determine:
- how many previously earned college credits can be applied to a degree program;
- whether professional certifications or licensures may be applied as credit towards a degree program; and
- how many credits you will need to earn to complete a college degree.
- Students registering for online courses are expected to have experience and proficiency using a computer, browsing the Web and sending and receiving Internet mail. A valid email address is required to register for an online course. Minimum system requirements to access an online course are: access to the Internet; an Internet browser like Netscape 4.x or Internet Explorer 4.x or better; and Windows 95 or higher or equivalent operating system.
For technical (computer) questions relating to online courses, call Thomas Edison State University at (609) 777-5644 or send an email to email@example.com.
Create an Account to Apply Today
Test Drive an Online Course
Interested in trying out an online course?