Thomas Edison State University can meet the education and training needs of your organization. Customized training programs can be built around your workforce training needs through:
- Needs Assessment: Through a comprehensive needs assessment, we can determine if the current educational activities of your employees are aligned with your organization’s long-term strategic goals.
- Educational Planning: Based on the needs assessment, we can work with you to create a strategic educational plan for employees at all levels in your organization.
- Development of customized training: Using the University’s extensive resources, we can develop a new program/course, or customize an existing program as needed to improve on-the-job performance and productivity. These programs can be delivered face-to-face, online, or in a blended format.
To learn more about customized contract training for your organization, contact us at (888) 442-8372 or by email.
Two examples of customized contract training we have developed:
- Responding to a need to provide service members with exposure to the Linux operating system, the University developed, coordinated and delivered a blended course that provided a week-long face-to-face Linux training session, followed by an online component in which employees continued to study independently and complete online projects.
- At the request of a large, nonprofit organization, the University developed a customized Human Resources Overview course for agency directors who possessed extensive counseling credentials and experience, but little exposure to HR curriculum. Following a two-day onsite orientation, the students were enrolled in a customized online course that covered key HR principles through readings and case studies and connected them with a community of learners nationwide who shared resources, issues and specific HR challenges.