New Course Descriptions and Prerequisites
Please see the University Catalog for the most current course descriptions and prerequisites.
Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Program Admission Requirements
Applicants to the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Program must have the following:
- A bachelor's degree (non-nursing) from a regionally accredited college or university completed prior to acceptance.
- An earned cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in the previous degree.
- All science prerequisites completed within five years prior to the start of the program
- Grade of B on all prerequisite science and statistics courses.
- Completed general education and nursing prerequisites prior to full acceptance into the program.
- The ability to meet all essential requirements of the clinical program.
- A grade of B or better in any prior nursing courses.
- Criminal background check, drug screen, health and immunization verification, malpractice and health insurance, and CPR certification are required after acceptance.
- Proficiency in using a computer, browsing the Web and sending and receiving e-mail including attachments.
- Minimum system requirements: For PC Users: Windows XP or later; MS Office Suite 2007 or above including WORD, EXCEL, Powerpoint and Access. For Mac users: Mac OS X v10.5 and later. Students also need to ensure that their computer is dual bootable using Boot Camp or a similar program. Additional requirements are specified in course descriptions listed in the University Catalog.
- All Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN applicants apply through Nursing CAS, except TESU alumni, who should apply through TESU's application link.
- Personal statement
- Two recommendations (academic and professional)
- Interview is required by invitation
- For students of foreign universities, all transcripts must be evaluated by any of the agencies listed below. An official course by course evaluation must be submitted with the application.
- Written and oral Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) if their native language is not English. A minimum score of 600 (paper-based test) or 250 (computer-based test) or 100 (Internet-based test) is required. Scores should be sent directly from ETS. Photocopied and faxed documents may not be used. Applications will not be considered without TOEFL scores. The English Language Proficiency requirement will not be waived under any circumstances.
The W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing has the discretion to require a nursing student to take the TOEFL regardless of the student's native language if there is a concern about the student's ability to communicate in English.
Because of the rigorous nature of this full-time program, outside employment is not permitted.
*A $500 nonrefundable deposit will be required within two weeks of acceptance into the program in order to secure a place in the program. This deposit will be applied to the student's tuition.
Please submit payments to the Office of Student Financial Accounts, phone (609) 984-4099 or fax (609) 984-4066.
Office of Student Financial Accounts
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
For Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN applicants applying through TESU, not NCAS:
All official college transcripts and college-level examination score reports to:
Office of Admissions - BSNA
Thomas Edison State University
111 West State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608
Transcripts must be sent directly from the institutions to the Office of Admissions in unopened sealed envelopes with signatures across the seal. TESU will not evaluate transcripts from other countries and there is no need to send them to us. If you are transferring foreign credit, the University will accept credit recommendations, with a required course-by-course evaluation completed by any of the following agencies:
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. (ACEI)
Center for Applied Research, Evaluations & Education, Inc.
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
World Educational Services, Inc. (WES)
SDR Educational Consultants
SpanTran Evaluation Services
All costs associated with the international credit evaluation are the responsibility of the student. The University reserves the right to make its own determination on the amount and type of credit to be awarded based on the evaluations provide by these agencies. An enrolled student may transfer a maximum of 90 credits from international institutions. Thomas Edison State University does not participate in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Therefore the University does not sponsor foreign national students for F-1 or J-1 visa status. Course-by-course credit recommendations will be reviewed by Thomas Edison State University based upon existing transfer and degree policies in place at the time of application.
Following receipt of the required documents, an academic program evaluation showing how previously completed credits apply to degree requirements will be completed and made available to students enrolled in the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN program via myEdison.
Please allow at least 4 weeks for evaluation of credit.