BSN e-Portfolio Information
All BSN students are required to create an electronic portfolio that is submitted in the final nursing course. The purpose of this portfolio is to showcase the work that you have completed during your educational program. The e-Portfolio supports your professional development, documents your clinical competence, and maps course assignments to your program outcomes. The content of your e-Portfolio or artifacts are your papers, presentations, and other documents that provide evidence of your progress through the program.
For students beginning the program July 2013 or after, the e-Portfolio is initiated in NUR-340: Nursing Informatics and is completed in the final nursing course, NUR-445: Validating Nursing Competence. The portfolio, with artifacts from each course throughout the program, is used to validate achievement of the BSN program outcomes.
Students completing the “old” curriculum should follow the directions below to establish their Google e-Portfolio. The e-Portfolio will be submitted in NUR- 500: Seminar in Clinical Competence.
To create your Nursing e-Portfolio, follow the steps provided in the following video:
- Log in to the college portal at my.tesu.edu
- Find the “My Unread Messages” block and click. This takes you to your College email. Click on the Google Apps navigation icon (located in the top, right corner of the screen) and choose “Sites.”
- Click “Create,” then “Browse Gallery for More,” then “Student Templates,” then select “Nursing e-Portfolio.” Then scroll to the bottom and click “Select.”
- Name your portfolio as Last name, First Name.
- Click “Create.”
- When your portfolio appears on your screen, go to the upper right hand corner and click “Share.”
- In the Add People box, type in email@example.com and your mentor’s email address. Click “Share and Save.”
- To return to your portfolio, click the site name on the left side.
It is recommended that students add artifacts as each course is completed. Do not wait until the final course to begin the portfolio process.