Tuesday, June 13, 9:30am - 4:00pm
What works with Adult Learners
In this multi-segmented workshop, participants will have the opportunity to learn about the methods that work with adult learners, and how to launch a successful program for adult learners.
Among the topics that will be covered:
- Assessing adult students’ prior learning: developing methods that work, translating learning into credit, applying credit to degree programs.
- Advising adult learners.
- Using learning outcomes and standards effectively in assessing adult learners.
- Using PLA programs as a recruiting and enrollment management tool--as a bridge to workforce development and local partnerships.
- Making use of data to improve programs for adult learners: when traditional approaches don’t work.
- Integrating programs for adult learners with your curriculum—or how to create a curriculum that works for adult learners.
- Gaining institutional buy-in: you understand the value of PLA, but how to you get others to get it?
The workshop will be led by educators and senior staff from Thomas Edison State University, whose programs for the assessment of adult learners are among the most established and largest in the country.
Register now for the 2017 National Institute at the Tropicana Hotel and Casino, Atlantic City, NJ.
Tropicana Hotel and Casino, Atlantic City, NJ
For discounted rates for this year's National Institute, book your room now!