Getting Started with GoArmyEd
If You Have a GoArmyEd Account:
- If you have a GoArmyEd Account or home institution and wish to change your home institution to Thomas Edison State University, simply open a new HelpDesk case under your account and request a change-of-institution. You can also declare a degree program within the body of the HelpDesk case.
- Your case will be escalated to an ESO, and the home institution and degree program will be changed. The GoArmyEd system will then trigger a common application to be sent to Thomas Edison State University, who will process your information. Please note, processing time for this procedure is generally 5 to 10 business days.
If You Do Not Have a GoArmyEd Account:
- Visit http://goarmyed.com/ and click on the "New User" link and follow the prompts to complete a common application. You will then work with your ESO to declare a home institution / degree program.
- The common application will then be sent to Thomas Edison State University, where it will be processed. Turnaround time for this depends on your location and availability of the ESO. You will receive a welcome package approximately 15 business days after your common application has been processed.
Once you have a GoArmyEd account and you have sent a common application to Thomas Edison State University:
Request that official transcripts (both military and civilian) be sent directly to:
Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State University
101 West State Street
Trenton, NJ, 08608-1176
- If you are unsure how to request your Joint Service Transcript (JST), visit: https://jst.doded.mil
- The University's Office of Admissions will determine whether or not the $75 application fee applies. If it does, you will then receive an automated notification via e-mail informing you that the fee is outstanding. The application fee allows the University's proceed with an academic evaluation. If the fee is not paid, transcripts cannot be evaluated.
- As the transcripts are received, your file will be sent for evaluation. Standard evaluation period is currently six to eight weeks. Please note that during this time you are allowed to take up to six (6) credits before receiving your evaluation. It is your responsibility to be sure the six credits do not duplicate work already done.
- Once your evaluation has been completed, schedule an appointment with an academic program advisor to plan your degree program using the AppointmentDesk application, available via your myEdison account.
The Office of Military and Veteran Education will do everything possible to ensure your application is processed quickly. If you have questions, contact the Office of Military and Veterans Education or call (866) 446-1804 (within the U.S.) or 1-609-281-5215.
One of the Top Military-Friendly Institutions in the U.S.
Military & Veteran Education Support