Individual Learning Account
An Individual Learning Account is a non-degree service provided by Thomas Edison State University to individuals who wish to document college-level learning gained through:
- Military experience
- Professional licenses
- College proficiency examinations: CLEP exams, DSST (DANTES) exams or Advanced Placement examinations.
- College level corporate training programs or American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations (including WPT & OPI examinations)
- Effective March 5, 2014, the acceptance of FEMA Independent Study courses for credit at Thomas Edison State University has been indefinitely suspended pending further review. Students with documented approval to take FEMA Independent Study courses as part of their degree program prior to March 5, 2014 will have those approvals honored. Students with previously evaluated transfer credit from FEMA Independent Study courses accepted and applied to their academic record at Thomas Edison State University are not affected by this change. These changes will be reflected in future print publications of the University. Questions concerning this revised policy should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.
Upon submission of the Individual Learning Account application and receipt of all official documents, Thomas Edison State University will consolidate all documents received into one official transcript, in accordance with academic policies.
Advantages of an Individual Learning Account at Thomas Edison State University:
- The Individual Learning Account fee entitles students to transcription services for one year. Fees are listed on the application below.
- Upon receipt of all official transcripts, Thomas Edison State University will consolidate them within 14 business days into one official transcript.
How to get started:
- Complete the Nondegree Services Application
- Enclose the appropriate fee listed in section 2 of the Nondegree Services Application. You may pay by check, money order or indicate credit card information (including signature) on this Application.
- Mail the completed Application and payment to:
Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608
Submit official college transcripts, military documents, college proficiency examinations, documentation of college-level corporate learning or American Council on Education (ACE) Registry transcript.
ACTFL Exams: Please note that TESU requires both an official American Council on Education (ACE) transcript as well as a notarized copy of the ACTFL score report for students seeking credit for the ACTFL OPI or WPT exams. The ACE transcript is needed to determine the amount of credit to award, and the ACTFL report is needed to determine the correct language. TESU awards credit for all ACE-reviewed ACTFL examinations with the exception of the English ACTFL examination.
The ACE Online Transcript System website is https://www.acenet.edu/transcripts
- For more information about submitting correct documentation, please visit the Office of the Registrar’s Sending Us Transcripts webpage.
For further information regarding Individual Learning Account, please contact TESU at (888)-442-8372.
Military students may contact our military department for assistance in finding a degree that will utilize most of the credits that you have already earned. To speak to a military advisor, please contact us at (886) 446-1804 or email@example.com.
One of the Top Military-Friendly Institutions in the U.S.
Military & Veteran Education Support