Monday, September 25, 2017
Tips When Requesting Air Force Tuition Assistance
- Request tuition assistance within 45 days of the course start date. *It's important that you contact your servicing education office for direct procedures.
- Be sure the Education Office has a current copy of your degree plan (list of courses required for degree completion). A generic degree plan can be used for up to 12 semester hours of college credit with Thomas Edison State University. After that, an official evaluation/degree plan must be on file.
- Be sure to check your tuition rates and course locations (on-base, off-base, or distance learning) when using the “library of courses” for your college. Example course entry: ENGL-1301 Composition I
- Grades must be posted for courses completed within 60 days of the course end date on the Tuition Assistance form.
- If you are applying for tuition assistance for a course you previously received a “W” or “F” grade, you will need to visit the Education Office for your tuition assistance to be created and approved.
- For Officers Only: If you are applying for tuition assistance for a certificate program or foreign language courses, you will need to visit the Education Office for your tuition assistance to be created and approved.
- Once your tuition assistance has been approved, it is your individual responsibility to provide the approved Tuition Assistance form to your college representative. You can view the status of your Tuition Assistance form in the Air Force Virtual Education Center (in the “My Enrollments” section).
One of the Top Military-Friendly Institutions in the U.S.
Military & Veteran Education Support