Thomas Edison State University's 2017 Commencement will be held on Saturday, September 23, 2017 at the Sun National Bank Center in Trenton, NJ
For more information:
- Office of the Registrar: (609) 984-1180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update your email address to receive vital information about commencement.
Schedule of Events:top of page
Invitees to the Awards/Honors Ceremony arrive, Sun National Bank Center, Trenton, N.J. Eligible graduates will be sent an invitation to participate and will be sent further information when they indicate they will attend.
University Store Opens
Awards/Honors Ceremony, Sun National Bank Center, Trenton, N.J. Awards and Honor Society eligibility is determined at the time of graduation conferral. Graduates are notified proactively by their Academic School if they are being awarded an academic award/honor. Academic awards/honors recognized at Commencement are Arnold Fletcher Award, Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society, Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education, Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society in Business, Management and Administration and Sigma Theta Thau International Honor Society in Nursing. Eligible graduates will be sent an invitation to participate in the awards/honors ceremony and will be sent further information when they indicate they will attend.
Graduates and guests arrive at the Sun National Bank Center, Trenton, N.J. Facility is handicapped accessible.
Photo sessions available for all interested graduates by an independent professional photographer. Students will be contacted directly by the photographer following the commencement ceremony with instructions on how to purchase photos.
Graduate group photo inside Sun National Bank Center. Location will be provided to graduates when they pick up their academic regalia.
Commencement ceremony starts and continues until approximately 4:00 p.m.
- When inviting guests to Commencement, please take into consideration the length of the ceremony. The Commencement ceremony lasts for approximately two hours.
- The University requests that graduates participate in the entire ceremony and do not leave early as this is very distracting for the other gradates and guests.
- The Sun National Bank Center will open at 11:30 a.m. for seating; all seating is on a first-come, first-served basis and the center is handicapped accessible.
- College souvenirs and memorabilia will be available for purchase at the University Store located inside the Sun National Bank Center. Representatives will also be on-site for those graduates wishing to purchase a school ring or diploma frame.
- An independent photographer will be available from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. the day of Commencement to take portraits of the graduates.
- Join us at 1:00 p.m. inside the arena for the Commencement Graduate group photo in your cap and gown to participate in this tradition!