Apply for an Undergraduate Degree or Certificate Program
First, are you in the right place?
This application is for undergraduate degree and credit-bearing certificate programs.
- If you are an international student, the application process is slightly different. If you would like to take courses without seeking a degree, contact the Office of the Registrar at (609) 633-9242.
- If you are seeking non-degree services, such as Individual Learning Account, submit a Non-degree Services Application.
Apply as a Nonmatriculating/Visiting Student
If you are a visiting student looking to take a class, register for a TECEP examination or a non-credit continuing education program, you must first apply as a nonmatriculating/visiting student to the University. Once your application has been processed, you may move forward and register as a visiting student.
- If you are interested in registering for a Noncredit Professional Certificate program.
If you are interested in applying for a undergraduate degree or certificate, please follow the instructions below.
You can apply anytime during the year; the University offers 12 terms. The steps:
- Explore our programs.
- Complete the application. You may apply online. Be sure to enclose the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- If you have attended college in the past, submit official copies of transcripts. Thomas Edison State University accepts up to 80 credits earned at regionally accredited community colleges and up to 120 credits earned at regionally accredited four-year institutions. Send transcripts from all the colleges and/or universities you have attended. These transcripts must be sent directly from the institutions to the Office of the Registrar in unopened sealed envelopes with signatures across the seals.
- If you have earned any U.S. licenses and certifications, please submit them. We will need a notarized copy of the license or certificate and a current renewal card, if appropriate. View licenses and certifications that have approved for college credit.
If you have completed professional training programs through industry, government or special organizations, please submit transcripts of them. We accept credits for programs that have been evaluated by the American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service.
Official transcripts are available through:
The American Council on Education
Registry of Credit Recommendations
One Dupont Circle, NW
Washington, DC 20036-1193
- If you have taken college-level examinations for the purposes of obtaining credit, submit official score reports. These must be sent directly from The University Board (CLEP, DANTES, AP Exams) or other official reporting agency.
If applying for an undergraduate degree expect an admissions decision within 3-5 business days. Students who are admitted will receive an evaluation of their transfer credit indicating which college credits will transfer. This process typically takes 20 business days from the date of admission. Your application and fee are valid for 12 months from the date of your acceptance letter. If you have not enrolled within this period of eligibility, you must reapply to the University if you intend to pursue your degree in the future.
- Explore payment options and financial aid.
Create an Account to Apply Today
Our simple online tool helps you plan.
Submit Your Transcripts to:
Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608