Registering for Graduate Courses
You are eligible to take graduate-level courses if:
- You have been accepted into a graduate degree or certificate program
- You have applied to be a nonmatriculated graduate student
- You have been accepted for the bachelor’s to master’s degree program
Most graduate courses are offered four times a year in January, April, July and October. Graduate courses offered by the School of Business and Management are offered six times a year in January, March, May, July, September and November. A typical course load is 6 credits per term and degrees may be earned in 18 months or less. Online courses are guided by mentors, most of whom have practical experience and earned doctoral degrees. All online courses are delivered through myEdison®, - the University’s online course management system that utilizes the Moodle platform. Students are expected to have experience and proficiency using a computer, browsing the Web and sending and receiving email. Upon acceptance, students will be sent a seven digit College ID number and password. Graduate students in the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing should refer to the information on online nursing courses in previous sections of this publication.
Registration Methods: An Overview
You may register for courses in several ways during scheduled registration periods (see the Academic Calendar for exact registration dates). Please note that no registrations will be accepted by mail during late registration periods.
- Online registration (via Online Student Services) to Thomas Edison State University graduate students who have approved Thomas Edison State University financial aid or students who are paying the graduate tuition by credit card. Make sure you select the graduate term at the top of the screen to see the graduate course offerings. Online registration is not available for Graduate PLA courses. For Graduate PLA, students must submit a proposal form; to register, they must follow the instructions for registering for an Individualized PLA. Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
The following options require the use of a paper Graduate Registration Form, which may be accessed at www.tesu.edu/studentforms.
- Fax in your Graduate Registration Form, which may be accessed at www.tesu.edu/studentforms, during scheduled registration sessions using your tuition assistance, VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover for payment of tuition. Fax registration is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week during the scheduled registration periods.
- Register by telephone by calling (888) 442-8372. Use your VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover for payment of tuition and fees.
- Mail in your Graduate Registration Form during scheduled registration sessions. Payment must be included with your registration.
- Walk in with your completed Registration Form and payment. The Office of the Registrar is located in Hanover Hall at 167 W. Hanover St., Trenton, N.J. If you pay in cash, your payment must be delivered directly to the Office of the Bursar at 221 W. Hanover St., Trenton, N.J., after the registrar has processed your registration at Hanover Hall. All payment methods are accepted from students who choose to register in person.
Late registration for all courses will take place following the close of regular registration. Only online, fax, telephone and walk-in registrations will be accepted during this period. All late registrations must include the late registration fee. Students who mail in registrations postmarked after the close of the regular registration period will not be processed and will be contacted.
Financial Aid for Graduate Students
Graduate students are eligible for Federal Direct Student Loans. Detailed information may be found in the Financial Aid Packet, which may be accessed through the Thomas Edison State University website or by contacting the Office of Financial Aid at (888) 442-8372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.