How to Register for Undergraduate Courses or TECEP®: Step-By-Step Instructions
- Select a course or TECEP®. If you are an enrolled Thomas Edison State University student and need help determining whether a particular course or TECEP® exam fits your degree requirements, contact an academic advisor. If you are enrolled in another institution, check with that institution to make sure the course fits your degree requirements.
- Register for the courses or TECEP® exam during scheduled registration sessions. Be sure to include the GS, EP, PA, NU, NG, OL or TE suffix, which identifies your course as Guided Study (GS), e-Pack® (EP), Prior Learning Assessment (PA), Nursing (NU), Nursing Graduate (NG), Online (OL) or TECEP® (TE). Your payment method determines how you may register. For Individualized PLA courses, you must register by fax or telephone. You cannot register online. You can check your current course schedule via Online Student Service, under “Academic Profile.”
- Receive a registration confirmation from Thomas Edison State University by email.
If you have registered for a course, you may purchase your course materials from any available source after you receive confirmation of course registration. For your convenience, all materials required for your courses are available from MBS Direct. To review the materials needed for your course(s) or TECEP® exams, go to MBS Direct and follow these instructions:
- Click “order my books;”
- Select your term and program and then click “continue;”
- Select your course or TECEP® exam and click “submit course ID selection(s);”
- Click on the title of the book and you will see information regarding the book, including title, edition and ISBN #.
- Start your course work on the term start date as outlined in the academic calendar. Contact your mentor the first week. Arrange for a proctor during the first week. All payment methods are accepted from students who choose to register in person.
- If you have registered for a TECEP® exam, visit TECEP® Scheduling Options or refer to the Testing and Test Administration section of the Catalog.
For payment made by credit card, military tuition assistance and Thomas Edison State University approved financial aid award letter:
- Register online via Online Student Services
- Fax your registration to (609) 292-1657
- Call (609) 633-9242 to register via the telephone from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, weekdays, excluding major holidays
- Complete an Undergraduate Registration Form and mail it to the Office of the Registrar, Attention: Course Registration/TECEP® Registration. Access the forms at tesc.edu/studentforms.
For payment made by corporate vouchers and checks
You must fax, email or mail your completed Undergraduate Registration Form and Corporate Voucher Form together. Registrations received without approved corporate vouchers will not be processed. If your company requires partial student payment, make sure your payment is included. Registration with payment by check must be mailed.