How to Get Started
- Visit Thomas Edison State University's Web site to explore our degrees and various methods of earning credit. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (609) 777-5680.
- To apply to the undergraduate program, complete the online Application for Admission.
- Application Instructions: To ensure you are applying as part of your partnership program, you will be asked to identify your employer or affiliation. Step five of the application will ask, "Are you employed by or affiliated with a Thomas Edison State University partnership program?" Select "Yes" for this question and then choose your employer or affiliation from the drop down menu. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (609) 777-5680 or email us at email@example.com .
- Payment of the $75 application fee is required. After your application is received and processed, you will receive an acceptance letter, the University Catalog and additional information to help you enroll.
Once you have applied to the University, you may begin registering for classes at any time.
You will receive a College ID number on your acceptance letter that will enable you to access myEdison, the University's online course management system. You may track the status of your application and transcripts and view your completed academic evaluation through myEdison. Your ID number serves as your myEdison login. Your myEdison password is the last four digits of your social security number.
- You may register for courses online by clicking on Register for a Course; via telephone by calling the Office of the Registrar at (609) 633-9242; or, via U.S. mail. You must pay for your courses at the time of registration and can mail your registration form and payment to the Office of the Registrar (to the address listed below).
- The $75 application fee entitles you to a complete review of all previously earned academic credentials. This review, which is known as an academic evaluation, is the basis of your program plan and advisement services. Please have official transcripts and documentation of all your past college credits, professional and/or military training and other experiences, sent to:
Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State University
167 W. Hanover St.
Trenton, NJ 08618
Regarding college or university transcripts, please note: Your transcripts should be sent directly to Thomas Edison State University from the institution(s) you have attended. Transcripts sent to Thomas Edison State University that have been sent first to you from the institution(s) you have attended must arrive at Thomas Edison State University in the unopened, sealed envelope from the institution(s) you attended. You may not open these transcripts. Transcripts that arrive at Thomas Edison State University opened are not valid and must be resubmitted.
You will receive an evaluation of your previously earned academic credits within 15 business days of the receipt of your application and all previously earned academic credentials. The evaluation will be sent to you via U.S. Mail. With your evaluation, all of your past college credits, ACE Registry transcript, training and professional licensures and/or certifications are reviewed to determine:
- how many previously earned college credits can be applied to a degree program;
- whether professional certifications or licensures may be applied as credit toward a degree program; and,
- how many credits you will need to earn to complete a college degree.
Upon receipt of your evaluation, you may contact the Information Center at (609) 777-5680 to review your evaluation. To plan your degree program and select courses, you should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. To schedule your appointment, log into myEdison and select "Make an Advising Appointment."